Looking for information on nova spell bolt distribution
(08-29-2011, 11:08 PM)Brogden Wrote: My guess is that it's a result of "pixelation." When you try to draw a straight line with squares, you're not always going to get something that looks pretty. The way Nova works is to send the lightning out in straight lines from the center of a circle, the caster, to some external point, the edge of the circle. But even in making 96 straight lines, you are going to have issues.

Here's a picture I made with MS-Paint, a prime example of drawing with squares https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Keha4...example.jp

Basically, I made a circle, with a center, and just drew lines from the center to the edge. I targeted every point on the edge of the circle, but you can see how gaps are still present. I'm fairly certain this is the same thing observed with the Nova spell.

What you are describing is the result of trying to use integer values to represent real numbers, and yes that is essentially what happens with Nova. However, knowing that does not help answer the question asked.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for information on nova spell bolt distribution - by LennyLen - 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM