Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
Just posting a little update: I succeeded in patching with versions 1.03 and 1.04. I was required to make the Drive letter of my CD Drive match with whatever the patch executables were expecting, so for this purpose I temporarily changed the drive letter (which in this case was D), by doing the following, in case this helps anyone else someday:

Right-Click on Computer > Manage > Disk Management > Right-Click on the Drive whose letter needs to be changed > Change Drive Letter and Paths... > Change... > Select the correct letter on the dropdown box to the right (if you don't know the letter, try them all, although I suggest D and up.)

[Image: 4cDidVK.png]

No luck whatsoever with version 1.02, however. I have no idea why it keeps telling me my diabdat.mpq file is not valid. (Nor why that particular patch expected a completely different drive letter, but that shouldn't matter.) I even tried another Diablo CD, the one that comes with the game files both for Mac and Windows (the one which comes pre-patched with v1.04 on Mac and provides separately the v1.04 patch for Windows), but no luck. Same issue.

I pretty much feel I ran out of options. The only thing I can think of right now is booting up a Windows 95 Virtual Machine just to try patching it there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Red Hairdo - 11-16-2016, 10:59 PM