Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
(02-12-2014, 02:10 AM)CaptainSassyPants Wrote: Hello,

I am having a problem getting it to run. I bought Windows 7 Professional so I could use the XP Mode, installed the game, but I get an error everytime I try to load it:

"Hellfire (or Diablo) was unable to properly initialize your video card using DirectX. Blah, blah blah....

The error encountered while trying to initialize the video card was:
Not implemented
at: dx.cpp line 183"

I installed the 1.09 patch, then installed Hellfire, then installed the Hellfire patch. I then went and installed DirectX 9, then the video card drivers for Windows XP 32 bit. I tried the method in the first post of this thread. Nothing works. Very frustrating, as I have never had any issues playing Diablo on XP machines before. I had an XP machine specifically for playing old games, but it died which is why I had to get Win 7 Pro. Waste of money so far...
That sounds like some sort of driver issue with your card, or somethig wrong with your directX installation, or at least something went wrong in that respect. You're absolutely sure you tried all of my methods? Including the new one for newer graphics cards? You'll get a whole crap load of weird errors and bugs if you have a newer card unless you use that method.

If you send me your specs, a little bit more information about your errors, and a step by step walk through of where and how exactly you installed diablo, as well as your diablo CD version(1.00 original CD, or 1.08 win/mac hybrid cd) and a step by step instruction set of how you were applying the patches, I'll certainly do my best to try to retrace all your steps and see if i can figure out what went wrong.

But for the most part you shouldnt actually need any compatibility settings on Windows7 except for "Run as administrator".

Im a little bit busy with university at this time, but I'll check back here frequently for the next few days to try to help you where I can.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Slayer_X64 - 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM