Instant Death - Bug/rant...
I have seen quite a few of those. Either folks aren't drinking their pots, or there is something squirrely going on with Catapault / Life interaction. In HC it is a real eye opener to see a level 55 char "die to a catapault" message.

Sometimes the life drops are induced by a barb doing BO who you did not expect, but most folks see that and know where it comes from.

I had a barbarian accuse me of using thorns on a bloody run a few months ago (My paladin did not even have the aura, he was Foamy Moustache, all elemental) when his life dropped by half at the base of the stairs from Frigid Highlands to Bloody Foothills. He was on screen, and there had been no BO cast that I had seen. I had no idea what happened to him, as my merc and I were beating the tar out of Shenks little knitting circle, but this jackass would not let up on the "you used thorns" crap.

I got tired of his whining and went to town where I started verbally assaulting him without mercy for being an idiot. His charge that I was a Throns / Conv PK, even after I pointed out "no, I dont have conversion" just made me mad. Eventually, the other players asked us to knock it off, which was a reasonable request.

My bad for letting an idiot get my goat.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Taem - 02-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by smithy - 02-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by FoxBat - 02-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Sickywicky - 03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Occhidiangela - 03-06-2003, 03:55 PM