Instant Death - Bug/rant...
Again, I stress this problem my friends and I've been having with Diablo 2: LoD. When we're playing, sometimes it gets laggy, but not anything outragous, and the next hit kills us, no matter where it came from.

I've personally experienced it three times as of this day and have personally witnessed it happen to numerous friends on the net at least six times that I can specifically recall.

For specifics: USWEST / Hardcore / any character class / any act / w/out using any hacks!!!

I personally believe, after talking with numerous individuals whom have knowledge of how b.net works, that the server which proccesses the data, not b.net chat or the server that hosts the game or your isp or even your computer, but the server that proccesses the data (yes it is a seperate entity believe it or not) lag out, and when that happens, b.net takes precedence and since your data is either incorrect or simply not there, your HP registers at either base or zero and one hit kills you. Ive seen people die from the dreaded one-hit kill from catapults in nightmare with a level 80 paladin decked out in the best possible gear imaginable with full life, from a zombie, from a single cow... lots of ways ive witnessed.

I'm not asking for opinions on rather this is a bug or just my imagination - THIS IS A BUG and I'm sorry none of you at the L.L. have seen it yet! I don't think it's really fair when it happes, but what can I do? Blizzard has a "hardcore" stance against restoring dead "hardcore" characters. If only they looked at the data tapes, thou, then they'd see what I'm talking about.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Taem - 02-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by smithy - 02-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by FoxBat - 02-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Sickywicky - 03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Instant Death - Bug/rant... - by Occhidiangela - 03-06-2003, 03:55 PM