Fast Cast Sorc
Shouldn't really have a problem with that build. It looks a lot like my charged bolt sorc. CB is her primary, FB is the secondary, and Ice Blast is for the rare fireghtning immume monsters. I am assuming that was the whole idea for ice blast with you, to deal with the FI/LI monsters, which makes it the better choice over GS, since it does more damage and you are only worrying about a single target. Of course she is only L75 right now so the skills aren't all that high. She managed to kill the Ancients in a 4 player game in Hell the other day, so I should have the game complete right around L76.

My skills are currently something like:
Charge Bolt - 20
Lightning Mastery - 20
Fireball - 15
Fire Mastery - 8
Ice Blast - 15

I have one point in Frozen armor (to help me get the teleport off if I get hit). I did get Energy Shield in Act 3 Hell. I didn't really need it in normal or NM, and I probably should have gotten it for the start of Act II Hell just to make life a little easier.

I played with the equipment that I found (like I always do). I had a wall of the eyeless for a long time, I got lucky and got Silkweaves, which helped a fair bit with the mana, and I just found a lidless as well, though it is ethereal. I am using a stealth armor (the FHR is nice, as is the cast and run boost), a +3 lightning skills ammy a +2 rare orb that I got as a quest reward from Anya on Hell (first Anya item I have ever used) that replaced an older +2 magic orb I had. Belt is a caster belt, gloves might be caster as well. She is fine pretty much anywhere if there are 4 or fewer players, things get tricky with 8 players though.

Fireball will still eat your mana because you will need to cast a lot of them to kill, it does alright though. Ice Blast isn't too hard on mana and you really only need to get it to the L18 breakpoint with the +skills, I didn't start developing it until NM sometime. Don't have a lot of experience with Nova, though you need to get closer to the monsters with it than you do with CB (yes CB is more effective if you get in close) so that might be an issue. My man pool was actually alright several levels back, so I started to put points into dex and I now have about 12% block with a 40% shield. It helps more than I thought it would.

Just some thoughts. I don't think you will have a problem and I think you can survive with Fireball as the main skill, though when you see the power of Nova you may be tempted to switch. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-16-2003, 05:27 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Mael-Storm - 02-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by TheVillageIdiot - 02-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Kevin - 02-17-2003, 01:31 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Griselda - 02-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Griselda - 02-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 11:10 PM