Fast Cast Sorc
I've been thinking of building a fast cast sorc sometime and was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the build. For skills I was thinking of the following:

1 warmth
1 fire bolt
20 fireball
20 fire mastery

1 static field
20 nova
20 lightning mastery
1 telekinesis
1 teleport

1 ice bolt
20 ice blast
1 cold mastery

107 skill pts total
12 skills from quests
lvl 96 needed

I would aim on using fireball as my main kill skill instead of nova. So basically I could use ice blast to freeze things and then fireball them to death. Nova would be mainly used to kill things if they are fire immune or if I get in trouble like if I get surrounded or some such. For items I was thinking of the following:

Oculus
Lidless
Shako
Vipermagi
2* soj
maras
magefist
silkweave/rare
caster belt

With a caster belt with 10 cast rate I should be able to get 110 fcr I believe. That might give me a little problem with double teleport, but this is pvm and so I don't think it will be that big a deal when it happens. I'm not sure how much mana the build would really need. I know nova requires alot, but not sure about fireball. I know its like half as much as nova from chippydips site. I'm hoping that between the 2 soj's and my warmth I should have enough for fireball and to nova only occasionally. That way I could wear rare boots to help my resistances a little. I might switch out some of the the items like maras for a caster amulet with 2 sorc skills or some such since I have a pally that is trying to make one for him (he is a hammerdin) and so gets others in the process. I figure overall the build should be able to make it through the game. The hardest things should be fire and lightning immune bosses cause I would have to ice blast them to death which could take a while. I figure those don't appear all that often and if I really want I could prob ice blast them and then run past. As for my merc choice I was thinking of an act 5 merc. I know a holy freeze act 2 merc might be better, but I just feel the act 5 one fits the theme. He attacks faster than the other mercs and so fits with the speed attacks thing. Also with the right equipment he should be able to tank some and thus let me stand back and shoot things. So anyone have any comments or suggestions for the build? I figure I'll probably only get nova up to 10 or so and then max it the rest of the way later. This would cut the end level down to 86 which is much easier to achieve and then any more lvls I get could be put into nova to finish it off.

Messages In This Thread
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-16-2003, 05:27 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Mael-Storm - 02-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by TheVillageIdiot - 02-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Kevin - 02-17-2003, 01:31 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Griselda - 02-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by Griselda - 02-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Fast Cast Sorc - by swirly - 02-18-2003, 11:10 PM