Spell Casting
Quark covered it pretty well - increase your magic if it's low, and watch your firing angles. It's simply fact that some angles of fire will hit more often than others. With practice, you get a lot better at feeling-out these angles.

Arty vs Battle (aka Tank - a name change suggested years ago on the now defunct DSF because people thought that "Battle" meant melee combat) Mage:

Tank Mages RULE! Well, let's just say that if your goal is sheer power and speedy gain of exp, Tank Mages are superior to Arty Mages. Arty Mages are more about finesse, and are "pure" mages in the sense that they can dish out a lot of firepower, but can't take it.

Be careful if you play a Tank Mage for a long period of time and get used to just teleporting blindly into a room full of monsters, blasting them dead in seconds, and teleporting to the next room. If you then switch to an Arty Mage, you'll die fast. They can't do that, you see - that's why Tank Mages level up faster.

Many will argue (rightly so) that Tank Mages are boring to play as a result - fact is, for sheer ability to gain experience points per unit of time, no build or class is faster. Arty Mages can be a lot more fun to play simply because it's possible to actually die. ;)

Standard Tank Mage uber/dream equipment (excuse me if I'm off a bit, I have not played this fine game seriously in more than 3 years):
Dreamflange (standard) and Civerb's Cudgel (when fighting triple immunes, kills them dead fast)
Stormshield
Royal Circlet
Awesome Full Plate of the Stars
Rings/Ammy that gives max resists and gets you to 90 strength to wear armor

Standard Arty Mage uber/dream equipment (same disclaimer applies)
Um, some kind of staff, right?
Naj's Light Plate
Other stuff

Hoo boy, yeah, I'm a "D1 Expert" all right. I can't remember anything anymore. Is it obvious I played Tank Mages in D1? Anyone here remember ol' Bolterflash (lvl 50, retired)?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Spell Casting - by Raven - 02-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Spell Casting - by Quark - 02-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Spell Casting - by Bolty - 02-20-2003, 04:25 AM
Spell Casting - by DeeBye - 02-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Spell Casting - by Nystul - 02-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Spell Casting - by Raven - 02-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Spell Casting - by Nystul - 02-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Spell Casting - by Thecla - 02-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Spell Casting - by Nystul - 02-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Spell Casting - by Thecla - 02-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Spell Casting - by SteinHerz - 02-21-2003, 08:44 PM