I did it!
I will be slightly editing it and then submitting it to Bolty once 1.10 comes out and we all get a feel of the new concepts.

http://www.ale-pub.com/guides/hcpage1.html

In any case, Vitality needs at least one point per level up, depending on class. As you get into NM and Hell, whole level ups need all five points put into Vitality.

My paladins usually, by level 70, have 200 plus in Vitality, or have quite a bit of Vit from items and Vit in the 160-180 range.

Druids and Barbs, due to Warcries, Were Shape, and Spirits can probably get away with 100-150 Vitality. Depends on the build.

Resists are critical in items, or a great connection and lots of movement as a tactical imperative.

Anyway, my last Paladin, who recently died in a rather nasy lag spike/disconnect moment, grrrrr, was a mostly a Zealot, however, my favorite Paladin was an EEP. Avenging EEP is on West, replacing one who I lost due to bad tactics.

That build is sort of like this:

1-5 points in Zeal, up to you how far you rely on items for boosts.
Max Vengeance.
Conviction 10 to Max, you choose
Max Holy Shock(Before you Max Vengeance, which is needed in Hell.)
Primary Weapon: Fast, and hope for something with lots of AR or ITD.
Dexterity more than Strength.
Holy Shield: Ample investment.
Second Weapon is either a Bow, or a Jav Shield combo using Holy shock as primary skill.
The usual point in Sanctuary. :)
Mercs: I am torn between Holy Freeze and a Rogue. If you go Rogue, pump VItality a bit higher since you are the tank.
Goal of shield is a four socketed Paladin shield that starts with some resista all, I preferred Crown and Royal, with four Perfect Diamonds. Reason? That takes care of almost all of your resists up to Hell, and allows huge flexibility in Equipment without having to have resists on every bloody thing in Hell.

Conc or Fanaticism to taste, if you care to spend points in that.

I always put a point in Smite for clearing doorways or for the occasional boss, one hit wonder, who I just want to keep stunned while my merc kills him.

YMMV
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
I did it! - by Wapptor - 02-21-2003, 02:25 AM
I did it! - by Baajikiil - 02-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I did it! - by --Pete - 02-21-2003, 04:30 PM
I did it! - by Jeunemaitre - 02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
I did it! - by Occhidiangela - 02-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I did it! - by Baajikiil - 02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I did it! - by Myself - 02-21-2003, 10:48 PM