It Finally Happened After 2 years, 8 months
On Hardcore East, yesterday morning, just after breakfast, I was in a *blush* NM Bloody Run with my Sorceress LeeLectrolux, circa clvl 62.,.
(I won't start HC hell anymore without a jump on the Clvl Mlvl curve, absent a few team events).

A few screens south of Dac Farren, a golden ring dropped from an Enslaved, or maybe a Death Mauler: my Hydra's were busy spitting at a lot of targets, my TStorm went off, and I did not know for sure.

I picked it up, figuring that another Manaldheal would not hurt, or could be trade bait. Or maybe I got lucky and had found a RavenFrost.

I identified it.

The Stone of Jordan. I grinned, what with my whopping 25% Magic find thanks to a Rhyme Shield. " About bloody time" thought I. Here I am, with the class I am worst at, Sorceress, and she finds an SoJ. In retrospect, I suppose I would rather have had a Ravenfrost. :) But it sure was a nice little bonus, to finally have found a Stone after all this time, what with 1.10 looming and me getting probablly a few weeks of enjoyment out of it. :P Murphy, we love thee mightily. :lol:

Never got one gambled back in D II, my luck was Murphied there.

This drop incidence is the sort of rarity that the Stone of Jordan was intended to have, methinks, a once in a game playing experience.

LeeLectrolux? So named because I was possibly bnet's worst Sorceress player ever, back in the beginning days. I sucked harder than an Electrolux vacuum cleaner at Sorcereccs for the first year. My video card and my machine, as well as my dial up connection to bnet, simply made it impossible to coherently play 'shoot and move' without dying too often for there to be anything resembling fun in sorceresses for me.

The change to 600 x 800 view made it palatable to try again.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
It Finally Happened After 2 years, 8 months - by Occhidiangela - 02-24-2003, 04:16 PM
It Finally Happened After 2 years, 8 months - by Guest - 02-28-2003, 06:12 PM