Assassin Questions
So, I'm level 88 now and have already maxed all my essential skills for my build long ago. I was at an impasse, undecided which direction to take my assassin; should I max my Shadow Master? Oh I hate how she keeps casting Mind Blast. Maybe I should max Shadow Warrior? Nah, each point only increases life, but I use her as cannon fodder. So what should I do? After several contemplative weeks of turmoil, I decided on Blade Shield and Blade Fury. I sunk one point into each, feeling apprehensive at the least about wasting two much coveted skill points, however was more than pleasantly surprised to find out Blade Fury was an extremely effective killer! Now I have a way to take out Oblivion Knights without having to worry about an Iron Maiden ruining my day! The Blade Shield is a nice addition, although I have no idea if it's effective or not as I almost never get hit anyways. And I finally did the ubers, four times with a good friend; he was using a Smiter with 85% Crushing Blow and I was using Dragon Talon with 75% Crushing Blow. After receiving a complimentary Battle Orders, Battle Cry, and Shout from his Barbarian, we were ready for the ubers. Upon entering, I was terrified, having seen many hardcore friends show up in channel dressed in the dreaded black robes, however I tell you, I've never seen Uber Diablo's life drop so fast before as it did with myself and my friend attacking him! The whole battle with U.D. lasted less than one minute. Similar experience with Baal before we moved on to the final boss. Now with Mephisto, I took a decidedly different approach, as I've heard he has a knack for the 1-hit kill on characters with low resists combined with his Conviction aura. We contemplated his paladin using Salvation, but instead I decided to use Fade (instead of Burst of Speed) and we had no problems whatsoever taking him down in no time. A very fun experience and an extremely deadly team, the Paladin Smiter and the Assassin Dragon Tail. Would recommend to anyone serious about teaming up against the Ubers!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Assassin Questions - by Hammerskjold - 01-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 01-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 01-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Assassin Questions - by the Langolier - 01-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 01-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Assassin Questions - by the Langolier - 01-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Assassin Questions - by Taem - 02-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Assassin Questions - by Thenryb - 02-23-2009, 09:52 PM