Magic Find...beating a dead horse?
I've also experienced this in SP. In, fact, I can predict when it will happen; after the third drop for the boss in question, it becomes only blues for two drops, then 1-2 blues (almost invariably normal items) plus random stuff (gold, scrolls, keys) from there on out. I've done runs up to 35x on each individual boss, and this holds true each time I try it. Interestingly, if I exit out of the game completely, then fire it up again, I'm back to getting good drops (unique and sets being more common, not that they're ever good ones themselves).

Perhaps there is nothing in the item drop formulae that take into account # of attempts, but do you think that it is possible (perhaps some little bit of code Blizz put in to discourage runs and get people to try other areas of the game) for there to be a "counter" of sorts that would trigger after a certain number of runs are completed and screw with the item drop chances. I've witnessed this for a long time now (ever since LoD was released; I never did runs in D2C), and the frequency and consistancy causes me to be skeptical to claims of "blind luck"

Messages In This Thread
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Jarulf - 03-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Sheep - 03-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by kandrathe - 03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by Vash - 03-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Magic Find...beating a dead horse? - by dwa - 03-09-2003, 05:16 AM