How honest is Bnet?
OK, the bait. This Beautiful Charm

I spammed for 30 minutes in the channels for fun, with NO intention of TRADING it. Since this was duper's weekend, I wanted to see what kind of offers I would get. I got offers from 40 sojs to 1500 sojs to ALL THE SOJS I WANTED. I also got lots of offers for .08 bugged valors, gazes, etc. But I wanted to see how far the people in the channels would go.

The following spam was used: I have a GODLY 383 pdsc SMALL CHARM. I expect a GODLY offer for it. No .08 things or SOJS. NR=NT etc.

And this conversation came up:

Buyer: hey
Me: YO!
Buyer: How godly you need?
Me: Godly
Buyer: I have unsocketed Ith Bow
Me: That is Godly, but not what I need. I can't dupe.
Buyer: I can. How many you want for the charm?

I dropped from Bnet all together at this point. I dragged out someone who would turn my charm into an Ebay MONEYMAKER. No way.

If Blizz actually cared about dupes and hacks, I would have made a screenshot. But I decided to play this game in the period of Bnet's demise, because I wanted to know how far into that world I could creep. I hate the word Godly, but I got it. I got the ultimate in the most HATED of Bnet users, the ultimate in hack makers, the man with the clean Ith Bow. We heard of him recently, so they do exist.

Rest assured fellow Lurkers, absolutely no way will I ever allow this charm out of my possession. I will let it evaporate into account maintenance before I would give it away for ANY offer. This charm I have would become one of many over duped items, and I would never feel right ever for destroying another person's virtual reality.

But that aside, I was impressed. After telling 50 or so people to go away, I got the ultimate in godly offers. A chance to make my OWN hacked bow. I could even have asked how he duped it as part of the trade, because that person would make a fortune on Ebay with this charm. But I, as a loyal legit, turned him down and forgot his name. Not a self appreciating spam, mind you, just wanting to let you know that these people are out there.

If you are ever as fortunate as me to make this charm, I would hope that you are as responsible as I am with it. Never sell it, dangle it in front of the Ithies, and NEVER part ways with it for ANY offer. If you do, you'll destroy the Realms, even more than they have been.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil

Messages In This Thread
How honest is Bnet? - by Conner Macleod - 03-05-2003, 11:59 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by Sanctuary - 03-06-2003, 12:12 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by Az3ar - 03-06-2003, 01:20 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by AtomicKitKat - 03-06-2003, 03:18 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by Az3ar - 03-06-2003, 04:51 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by Sanctuary - 03-06-2003, 04:58 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by Conner Macleod - 03-06-2003, 07:10 AM
How honest is Bnet? - by CorwinBrute - 03-06-2003, 08:39 AM