Is there a time any of you lurkers...
Hail to all lurkers,
although Thenry put it all very well in his excellent post, allow me to stress the importance of playing slow. In the long run, quality always wins over quantity. I can firmly say that I have more fun in playing one or two rooms in TheDark than playing a whole level in Classic Diablo or even a whole Act in D2/LOD. TheDark gives the missing edge to Classic Diablo so that it becomes the nearest to perfection on-line MP game there is. Taking all the good things from Classic Diablo, adding the enhanced material from Hellfire and provifding for some of the good qualities of D2 (running and regeneration for instance) while spicing it all up with a most generous dosage of balanced gameplay out there, TheDark results in a Masterpiece of a game. While powerplay or item hunting might seem as fun for a while, remember that people focus on them because they have not tasted the -by far- better alternative: the strategically intense and balanced MP gameplay that TheDark has to offer. As one delves into the -truly- scary depths of TheDark one shall start to slow down his pace and shall find himself contemplating the geography of the dungeons while improvising cross-player tactics in order to stay alive and keep his team mates in good health, since the fall of one player might easily lead to the quick demise of the whole group. Take a deep breath, store away all your other games, put on your headphones and prepare for the ominous perils that lie beneath. If you actually are "a soul in search of answers" rest assured that you shall find them in the deepest recesses of Hell difficulty. There, behind a sealed door, lies the place where heroes are born.

ArthurDent,
TheDark player.

Messages In This Thread
Is there a time any of you lurkers... - by Taem - 04-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Is there a time any of you lurkers... - by Bolty - 04-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Is there a time any of you lurkers... - by Taem - 04-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Is there a time any of you lurkers... - by Cytrex - 04-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Is there a time any of you lurkers... - by ArthurDent - 04-03-2003, 02:24 PM