question bout vampire weapons
Something Dutch,Apr 22 2003, 02:31 PM Wrote:I can imagine my (alrd godlike) warrior healing/teleporting like crazy and refilling his mana with every move he makes ;)
My Tank Warrior uses a Bastard Sword version of KsoV. It is IMHO the most useful suffix you can have in the King's line for Warriors.

The reason KsoH( Speed, since the effects are the same ) is generally treated as being the favored sword is because it is an all-around weapon ( a good definition I've heard from Drac0nis ).

Stunlocking the lawyer-type monsters is not possible having a one-handed weapon without the Speed//Haste suffix; releasing yourself from huge mobs of fast-attackers is generally more painful without a Speed//Haste weapon ( Specially true for LAWs whose nightmares are the fast-attackers ).

Desyinc and Missed Hits may release a Witch from the stunlocking process during a Telekill with a KsoV, although that's not that usual to happen.

Still, I've learned quite a few strategies involving the use of KsoV. In mixed levels, melee monsters are used as fuel for telekilling the ranged attackers. Retreating with High AC is generally very simple. I used to teleport myself in unexplored places, fight back during the time I managed to, teleport out ( with High AC only autohit is going to make you get stunned while casting a spell ), Heal myself and teleport again in the room of conflict. Without spending a single potion.

I've spent most of the end of the career of this Warrior turtle-maging at Caves//Hell. KsoV proved again to be useful. Ordinary monsters are used as fuel source so that the F'balling and CL'ing everything could go on.

Another playing style that I haven't tried out unfortunately is the use of KsoV and HoS with a Medium AC range ( generally ~250 ). Such godlike Warrior with high blocking percentage would have a setup that could theoratically free him from the use of potions.

Well, my basic advice would be: carry a fast sword for dlvl 16 and Lawyer levels because it takes long to eliminate Advocates and Cabalists having to follow them over and over. Counselors and Magistrates have lower HP and can be taken over with a crit or two.

It is also important to know that since ManaSteal and LifeSteal are based on overall damage, it is much more effective for High Level Warriors ( clvl 40+ I would say ) than for middle-aged one.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"

Messages In This Thread
question bout vampire weapons - by Yogi_Baar - 04-22-2003, 03:14 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by SteinHerz - 04-22-2003, 05:16 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by Cytrex - 04-23-2003, 02:19 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by Yogi_Baar - 04-23-2003, 04:00 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by Caorn-Riastra - 04-23-2003, 06:53 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by Yogi_Baar - 04-23-2003, 07:50 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by Caorn-Riastra - 04-23-2003, 08:44 PM
question bout vampire weapons - by DeeBye - 04-24-2003, 01:14 AM
question bout vampire weapons - by SteinHerz - 04-24-2003, 01:18 AM