Warrior Leveling Tatic
I realize this subject has been pounded into dust on other occasions.

However . . .

Quote: Intentionally setting your hotkeyed spell to a high-level spell before casting infravision is cheating IMHO.

I'd call it cheesey, but I accept that it is a 'bug exploit' in that it took some careful testing by players to figure this whole exploit out some time ago. And, scrolls are allegedly set at X slevel, IIRC from Jarulf's Guide, and this method gets around that. How is that different from using Fireball, a legit spell, that has the slightly odd feature of doing double damage to its primary target due to splash damage? Isn't that too a bug exploit? MSfe is a bug exploit, not going there, however, it can be set up entirely by an 'innocent' NM who, never having read Jarulf's Guide, simply puts no points into vitality due to a min-max build approach, and uses only MS/high mana as a means to keep life from hitting zero.

Was the spell/Infra slvl link confirmed as an unintentional feature? I seem to recall a discussion that proves that position, but it has been quite some time. Memory cloudy.

I might poke aroung Jarulf's guide a bit later and see what I can do to shore up my memeory loss. :o

Edit: added thought.

Hmmmm, Nova.

Quote:When casting a spell from a scroll or staff, it will have the same slvl as the slvl you know the spell (including any modifications from items). If you don’t know the spell it will be cast at slvl 1 (plus any modifications from items). There is a bug, however. If you cast a spell from a scroll and currently have another spell hot keyed, it will use the slvl of the hot keyed spell instead of the spell you are casting. This is true even if you don’t know the spell.

I had forgotten that it was any scroll-spell. This means that using Nova from a scroll could also exploit the same bug.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by the Langolier - 05-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Elite - 05-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Nystul - 05-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Sir_Die_alot - 05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Occhidiangela - 05-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Moldran - 05-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Yogi_Baar - 05-15-2003, 08:10 AM