Sorceror Weapons
Hmm, I love Arch Angels staves, so I wouldnt put them on the scrap list. But ok, generally its not a good choice for a tank mage (as long as we consider tank mage as a good choice). I put Dreamflange as the NO.1 to the list -> +1 slvl, huge amount of mana and +50% rezist magic ... what can beat it?
BTW: if happens, that monsters are getting near to you too often and you AC is not very effective, you wil need fast block shield anyway. I vote for Holly Defender.

Nevertheless, my mages tend to use AAW staff. FB at slvl 20 is really nice and slvl 20 Golem can kill 2 stonecursed Advocates in a row. Its ultimate definition of arty mage. Maxed attacking power in cost of nonexisting defence. NO.2

As for the rest I think that Mindcry and Wizardspike are fine. Its hard to say which one is better. It depends whether you are looking for more mana or +slvl.

And the + all resist weapons..... its fine to have one for item recovery, for the moments when you die in the middle of group of 120 witches, but .... topaz/amber/jade/obsidian jewel can do the same.
Obsi weapon can be a choice in case you have no other possibility to get some resist.
Keep some tripple immune killer instead. CC, Kings/speed swords are good choices. I wouldnt loose my time with shopping for Kings/Slaugter, but hey, maybe you get lucky.

As Nystul said
Quote:This class is inherently very powerful once you get your magic built up and read a lot of books. Items are purely optional, even in hell/hell. Warriors don't have such a luxury! Once you've got the playing style down, it should be a walk in the park regardless of items.

There are still some monsters I dont want to meet very often even with high lvl sorc, but whatever. All what is needed for item recovery is a little of mana :-)

Messages In This Thread
Sorceror Weapons - by Mahida - 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorceror Weapons - by weakwarrior - 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Sorceror Weapons - by weakwarrior - 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Sorceror Weapons - by Nystul - 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Sorceror Weapons - by Mahida - 02-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Sorceror Weapons - by weakwarrior - 02-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorceror Weapons - by Sekel - 02-07-2009, 10:20 PM