1.10 possibly wrong assumptions
Looking at the new horadric cube recipes and how people are reacting to them made me notice an assumption that is being made. So I am wondering if anyone else has noticed other assumptions that people seem to be making about recent 1.10 information. It could be interesting to discuss these assumptions and see where it leads.

So the assumption that I have noticed with the cube recipes is that they are available to all battle.net characters. My point is just that it is entirely possible that they could be ladder-only. We don't know if Blizzard will do those kinds of things or not yet, but I think it might be something to consider. Think about it for a moment. Who do the recipes benefit the most? In my mind its the players starting out with nothing because the recipes allow them to upgrade items they find so as to have a better chance later in the game. Players still have to find items worth upgrading and the runes to do so, but the runes involved that we know of aren't too insanely hard to find if playing through the whole game. Also it seems like something Blizzard would do to me. Release the basic information about the recipes without all the specifics so that people start collecting runes and items to upgrade. Then when the patch is released they find that all those runes and items are useless. I think it would be quite funny and fitting with Blizzard's sense of humor as well as their anti-muling stance that I think they have (isn't it meantioned somewhere on the arreat summit? like in a faq? I could be wrong on that though.).

So what do you all think are the odds of it being ladder-only and are there any other assumptions like that that are being made?

Messages In This Thread
1.10 possibly wrong assumptions - by swirly - 06-10-2003, 11:10 PM
1.10 possibly wrong assumptions - by WarBlade - 06-11-2003, 12:06 AM
1.10 possibly wrong assumptions - by swirly - 06-11-2003, 01:29 AM