Affecting the Seeding of Hidden Shrines?
I believe that starting games after each other also increases the chance to get a seed from a previous game. Hence your starting "experience" with no 0 seed. As for it not changing, perhaps there was no overwriting from a deeper dungeon. Try playing a lot of games and then reloading and see what happens.

In general, I thing saving stores away the same data as for an inactive level and thus should not save a seed to restore it (you can always test by saving on a different level than the one with the shrine). As a side note, does saving save missiles and such? Most easilly tested with a firewall I assume, is it saved? If so, the game might save an active level more fully and thus possibly also seeds. But I doubt this.

And yes, it is an issue of slots in the table for "objects" on the dungeon level, not a physical location in the3 dungeon. Not that dungeon levels has many non interactible objects. Basically anything you see in a dungeon is an object except for the walls (well, doors are objects despite being part of a wall).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Affecting the Seeding of Hidden Shrines? - by Jarulf - 07-17-2003, 12:40 PM