Muscle Mages
Quote:Now that I'm talking about spells, Stone Curse can be casted on monsters after completing the game in Nigthmare, but Stone Cursing and then Statue Bashing doesn't sounds much Muscle Mage. If abused, MMs would only need resistances as prefixes in their jewlery, and they'd be MMs still. No, definitely, this doesn't sounds very strategic also. Maybe this was intended to reduce mobs of monsters (or against those who tend to evade?). Heck, at times I think these rules could use an... addenum?, clarifications?, tips for the novice MM?, MM faq?, actualization?, patch?.

Unless the rules explicitly state how you should use Stone Curse, it's up to the MM how he wants to use it. Personally, I agree rampant Statue Bashing isn't the best way to show off your muscles. But I'd say it does have uses in, as you suggested, Mob Control and vs Shooters. Anything that runs away from you -- anything too chicken to fight like a man! -- I'd freely Stone Curse.

Quote:There are other things strange/obscure also: two of the quests involve the use of an item of Corruption, but at least for me, these are scarce. I think I've only found two of these in all my Diablo career.

"Corruption" items are a throwback to the BNM. And the reason they're fairly rare is because most people don't play and re-play levels where you find "Corruption."

Quote:Wouldn't it have been better something like...?: "Go waste all your mana casting spells against a dlvl 1 wall, and then proceed with these quests not using your mana at any time"

Again, it's not about what's "virtually the same thing." It's an homage to the BNM. As such, it's all about the item.

Quote:Also, about those armor rules at the begining of a MM career I think it would be useful some clarifying advice like: "You start like the weakest Diablo char. Focuse on strength or soon you won't even be able to equip a studded leather armor or small shield. You won't do much damage with 15 strength, also".

It's not about convincing you to pump strength, it's about forcing you to do so. Were the rule optional, many MM's would get just enough strength to equip useful items before moving on to dex. And dex isn't part of the theme.

Quote:2. Do I use a Fast Block shield or not?. I'm currently equipping one, and its been quite useful. I had the idea of using one in the future, but now, I'm unsure of its usefulness...

Yes. I'd recommend Stormshield.

Quote:3. Fast swing sword/club?. I don't think so. They are useful for the warrior against those mages and the evading succubi, but I'll never swing as fast as a warrior.

Right. This is why your options are, in some ways, more flexible than Warrior's. King/Vampire sword might be just ducky since Haste won't stunlock mages anyway.

Quote:4. Wich would be more useful as suffixes in my jewlery, dex or str?. Or will you choose another?.

+All. Magic gives your more HPs (via MS). Strength increases your damage (always low for a Sorc). Dex helps blocking.

I don't think you can use plain +Dex jewelry anyway.

Quote:5. May I bring my MM stats here and ask for an evaluation?

Sure. Evals are an age-old tradition. :)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 08-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Muscle Mages - by Drasca - 08-31-2003, 03:04 AM
Muscle Mages - by Rhydderch Hael - 08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-07-2003, 04:08 PM