Muscle Mages
Hi, Lurkers:

Finally, my warrior became almost invincible, and it was easy and boring playing with him in hell. I wanted a real CHALLENGE, so I started a new character, a variant, a Muscle Mage. So far I've survived until clvl 15.

This really has a different pace: one must fight slower, more cautiously, equip wisely, use good tactics, take the maximum possible profit of the dungeon layout and choke points... and use your very best fighting skills.

Since I started, I have had some minor questions about the rules (which I found at realmsbeyond), but when in doubt, I had interpretated them restrictively, until now. Stronger enemies are coming, and I'll need the very best of my MM and equipment to survive.

This is mostly a problem with translation, because english is not my natural language, and then the rules sound me some... ambiguous?. Ok, the questions:

1) Eeermmm... first, the most evident one: eeehh.... uuuh... :unsure: Any experienced MM in the audience?. Because this is the appropiate forum to look for tips, advice, setups and strategies from one of them... or ain't it?

2) It looks that prefixed jewlery must ALWAYS have suffixes that raise your strenght or HPs (or both...), but what about plain suffixed jewlery?. May I use a ring of plain Dex or of Harmony?

3) I can read any scrolls at any time... Does this includes Mana Shield?

4) I really don't understand those rules about armor. So you must use armor with strenght requirement. Ok. And it must be 3*clvl or 90, the lower. Ok. But then: "Until a legal suit of armor is found, the aspiring muscle mage may use any non-magical armor. During this time, they must put all level-up points into strength...". Eh? :blink:

So, I'm supposed to equip only 3*clvl (45) strenght requirement armor now (or I'm not?), and then, if I would be using armor with less strenght requirement than required, should I throw it when I would reach this clvl?.

This strenght requirement for the armor is so high that I haven't found a valid armor yet... I lvl up faster than the heavier armors can pop out, so I've played my MM CHEST-NAKED until now. Could anyone help me interpretating this rule and tell me if there is any valid armor I could use now?. Or do MMs never dress in black? (and I mean: when I was strong enough to use chain mails I (think) wasn't allowed to use them!).

Well, lurkers, see if you can help. Sorry for being so touchy with these MM rules, but hey, I wanted to play exactly as the guys who invented this did, with exactly the same challenges they faced. I wanted to be a REAL MM.

Thanks in advance.
"La espada de la divina justicia no hiere prematura ni tardíamente, aunque una u otra cosa parezca a los que la deseen o la temen".

Dante Alighieri

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 08-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Muscle Mages - by Drasca - 08-31-2003, 03:04 AM
Muscle Mages - by Rhydderch Hael - 08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-07-2003, 04:08 PM