Dueling and other diferences abroad
Welcome, I'm D1 player from Poland [Kempes, nice to meet you here :D ] and this is my first post here :)
So here we go with the basic dueling rules in Poland (perhaps I'll repeat some of already wirtten here by Kempes, but I'm trynig to make them as clear as possible):

Warrior vs Warrior:
At the beginng I'll add something about elemental dmg. Perhaps it was already said :) Few years ago we used to play with elemental dmg, the same as everywhere. But some time ago we came out from this, and started playing using "fall outs" (I hope this is correct word :D ). In case that both players are hitting each other, and both are blocking the hits, one of players starts swinging his sword in reverse direction from his foe. Then the second one does the same, and both start walking again. So, you probably wonder how do they hit each others? They have to "catch" the opponent while he's moving. It may seem quite difficult to do it, but we cannot forget about the lag (set-back between players). So for example when you are coming to your enemy, he sees it with that set-back. So, when you are already able to hit him, he still sees you coming. So he gets hit, but he doesn't see it! And it is how it works. But what, if the connection is very good, and there is no lag? :D You have to generate it! And there are lots of ways how to do it in the game. For example - going in circles in the corner of the Arena can generate a lag, as well as moving across the Arena by 3-4 fields and stopping.
And here are the rules:
- Duels are played in big rooms with columns 4 in the middle [they are called "Arenas"],
- No potions and no spells,
- Duel is played until one of players wins 3 rounds (best-of-five system),
- Usage of elemental dmg is a matter of settlement between the players,
- Players have to use "fall-outs" in case they can't hit each others in contact.

Mage vs Mage:
- Duels are played in big rooms with columns 4 in the middle [they are called "Arenas"],
- You can drink 2, 4, 8 potions, or you play without drinking any potions (just a matter of settlement between the players),
- Duel is played until one of players wins 3 rounds (best-of-five system),
- Players can't walk all the time, they have to use Teleport or Phasing spells to move. Of course there is no strict prohibition of walking, but players shouldn't exaggerate :D

I don't know much about the rules in Rogue duels, because the Rouge is the less popular class... And most of the Rouges are dueling mainly with Mages or Warriors.

I think that's all about the rules in Poland. Now I would like to read about the tactics you use in duels. Especialy in Mage duels. Do you prefer walking and only casting Fireballs, or do you Teleport and Phase continuously? Do you have any "advanced" tactics? :D
Proud Member and Councillor of Immortal Brotherhood Clan
"Noone will ever know our names..."

Messages In This Thread
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Daemon - 09-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Sr.Juez - 09-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Disaster(IB) - 09-13-2003, 03:56 PM