Dueling and other diferences abroad
You misunderstood me. I wasn't trying to offend you, I was just trying to make the discussion more spicy (is that the correct word? ;p), to make more people post some information because I got the impression that nobody is interested in this topic... Sorry if I offended someone ;p

Quote:our style is diffrent then the european style, we use 8 pots and magic, not the euro no magic no pot duels, its highly skill intensive and the best duels can last up to 30 min. so please feel free to stop by anytime, the eastern peek time for duelers is 9pm est to 12am est

It's kind of werid... I thought that sorcerors were supposed to use magic and warriors were supposed to use steel ;) I was wondering... How do you play duels? Do you use fireball, etc. or only heal yourself and teleport? Warrior casts spells very slowly so it would be obvious (for me ;p) that a warrior "with a staff" has no chances with a warrior with a sword... Our WvW duels also very often last more than 30 minutes although we don't use potions, magic and elemental dmg :)

Quote:The community knew this many years ago.

There is a difference in having the knowledge and using it ;) Very often the most obvious things are the most difficult to think up :)

Quote:You must either move into range or make the other player move into range in order to be able to hit with any melee attack, elemental damage is no different.

Yep, but in a duel where one warrior uses elemental dmg and the other one doesn't the one with elemental dmg is the attacker...
What if he doesn't want to attack? Well, there is a small usefull bug that you probably know ;> The one that let's you hit (or rather kill ;>) your opponent even when he is standing guard and has enough dexterity to block 100% ;)

Quote:omg u must r00lz 2 beat a sorceror in a dule!!! i bet ur the best dueler in europe server!

I think I explained that one before ;p What I mean is that in Poland warriors didn't stand a chance in duels with sorcerors a few years ago...

Quote:I imagine "ideal" dueling items don't vary much from country to country; it's all the same game

I think they do ;)

Quote:These two comments relate only to equipment. The latter doesn't evaluate whether Elemental Damage is good, merely its possible use. I haven't discussed technique at all, yet you feel informed enough to comment on my knowledge of it and two other notions of what I may or may not know -- all in comparison to yourself. You seem to fit snugly into the dueler stereotype.

I was discussing the technique in Italy, Spain, etc., not in USA - I would be glad to hear a reason why elemental dmg is such a good technique, maybe you know something that I don't.

Quote: ever heard of "Telekill"?

I'd be glad to ;) maybe i've heard about it but I heard a different name for it ;p

Quote:I'm pretty sure our LAW 500+ HP, 250% to Hit+, maxed resists warrior with 200+ mana Warrior could take that Arty, Tank or whatever mage down, assuming he's controlled by a skillfull player

Here you have an example that "ideal dueling equipment" does change from country to country ;) btw. the sorceror can also be skillfull ;)

Quote:I believe I'm not being omniscient much if I bet that being of the admins in here, he knows quite well what he does, even in duels.

And how do you know if I don't know "something" about diablo?
--

kEMpEs(A)

ex: GbS, SR, KGB, EPI

Messages In This Thread
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Daemon - 09-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Sr.Juez - 09-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by kempes.KGB. - 09-13-2003, 09:33 AM