1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades
Ruvanal,Sep 11 2003, 02:37 AM Wrote:Edit: I checked the vendor item generation and it will allow greater than ilvl=99  now.  But that still will not allow an ilvl=104 of generating the slvl of 11 that you observered based on Hammerman's formula.  The game is using integer divisions which will only truncate the fractions, not round them.  It appears that there is just a missing "+1" factor in what he listed.
I don't see that there are really any possible effects (better affixes) possible because of this, but I'm not really up on all the alvl possible or not stuff.

Looking for an alternate explanation to "rounding error" in the formula suggests the following...
Hammerman:
Quote:If "max" is a negative value, it does:

slvl = (ilvl - uselvl) / neg(99 - uselvl / max)

99 - uselevel is always at least 1. it also makes sure that neg(99...) is at least 1 before the divison.
uselvl is the highest of reqlvl from skills.txt and level from affix.txt.

Since the skill level req is 1, if the level used from affix.txt were the *class level* and not the general level req (1 vs. 7) then all the observed data would match the formula...

gamble ilvl cap at 99: (99-1) / -((99-1)/-10) or 98/9 or 10 when everything gets truncated at each step.
shop ilvl at 104: (104-1) / -((99-1)/-10) or 103/9 or 11 ditto.
and, of course, using a uselvl of 7 doesn't exhibit this boundry crossing. Just a thought.

edit: indeed, using a -act 2 level 16 assassin to shop drognan shows level 2 sacrifice charges, ala...
(21-1) / 9 or 2, rather than (21-7) / 9 which ought to truncate to 1.

What you think?

Purely for historical/testing interest: before I saw your edit I gathered additional information that shop bought ilvl exceeded 99, as follows...

I modded of sacrifice to have high magic_suffix.txt (column:) frequency (so I'd see a lot of them and not spend forever testing--I tried without at first and was going crazy). My level 99 character then observed scepter type weapons from all nightmare shops with 71 charges of level 11 sacrifice.

I then modded gamble.txt to have only scp (making it easy to buy lots of scepters, which don't normally gamble). I did this because I suspect Firestorm, which can gamble at the expected 67/10, would show the same 71/11 if I were to do that test, since I suspect "10" might be sufficient to see rounding effects (I've never observed another charged item coming out contrary to prediction by Hammerman's formula).

I looked at lots of gambled scepters with of sacrifice, and they all had 67/10. My sample was big enough that I should have seen at least one 71/11 if the effect were possible at ilvl 99.

Messages In This Thread
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Ruvanal - 09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 12:04 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 12:16 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Ruvanal - 09-11-2003, 02:46 AM
1.10 Monster mlvl and TC upgrades - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 04:47 AM