After all these years....
Through my journeys of the internet, through various websites, chatrooms, and the like, the question rears its ugly head again, and again. "Why are people STILL playing a 7-year old RPG, that really wasn't an RPG to begin with?" After racking my brain for an answer, I realized that that answer was simple. We play it for the same reasons people play Marbles, Checkers, Chess, Monopoly, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Tetris, Doom, and others. Each of those games revolutionized/created a genre, combining attractive artwork, addictive music (when present), and gameplay that made sense! When a game is overly complicated, you play it all the way through once just to 'get through' it, then never touch it again. A game that is simple to get into, and is well presented, keeps people coming back for more, years after it has been 'retired'. That, my fellow dugeon crawlers, is Diablo. And that is why they are already working on Dungeon Siege 2 only a year after the first release....because it will take a hell of a lot to beat the original.

Messages In This Thread
After all these years.... - by MachX - 09-24-2003, 09:39 AM
After all these years.... - by LemmingofGlory - 09-24-2003, 11:55 AM
After all these years.... - by Lelorinel - 09-26-2003, 04:21 AM
After all these years.... - by Draconis - 09-26-2003, 10:36 AM
After all these years.... - by Vandiablo - 09-27-2003, 06:46 AM
After all these years.... - by Seta Sojiro - 09-27-2003, 05:44 PM
After all these years.... - by Lelorinel - 09-28-2003, 01:15 AM