Leo Parking 101
Not too long ago I created a new character to show a newbie the ropes and we virtually played ironman. Amazingly, we had found two rings before even facing the butcher, and with our other equipment he was pretty easy. We did not have a decent club yet, but I figured we could just avoid Leo until we were ready.

Wrong. We go down the sairs, and we see the glow on the other side of the wall in front of us. The dungeon at the stairs had a wall that turned into a grate in front of us and to the left, and to the right was a U-turn that lead to the other side of the wall - to the glow. As we turn the corner, there is Leo with a fleet of horror archers - and they aren't blocking him in. We fall back to the stairs, but he is coming. When we go to exit through a the door in the grated wall, it leads to the archers. Running past would be risky because they are shooting us and blocking most of our path at the same time, not to mention the enemies that will be beyond that - with Leo hot on our tail. Our only "safe" area was behind the solid wall where at least the archers were blocked, but where Leo could nail us (and he was). We went back to 2, and I decided we had just better tough it.

He was in the first position, so Leo would attack him if we both went after him. The new player was a level below me, and hadn't put many points into dexterity despite my advice. I grabbed our best equipment, which would mean I would be fighting him alone. I told my partner to grab the bow and contribute as much as he could. We dive into level 3 and start at it. Leo got stunned twice, which I am guessing is how many times I hit him as I was rounding the 8th potion. I was pretty sure he had more life than what he started with. Not caring to those the two rings for my partner, I decided we weren't getting any further. It was a little bit disheartening after just telling the newbie that legits are much more skillful players than cheaters and eventuallly are more powerful. And here we were stuck after the first two levels...
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Leo Parking 101 - by Attika - 10-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Leo Parking 101 - by the Langolier - 10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Leo Parking 101 - by Yogi_Baar - 10-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Leo Parking 101 - by the Langolier - 10-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Leo Parking 101 - by LemmingofGlory - 10-13-2003, 11:52 AM
Leo Parking 101 - by Zenda - 10-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Leo Parking 101 - by Alamara - 11-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Leo Parking 101 - by Nystul - 11-17-2006, 09:04 AM