PvP at 20-29 -- an organized group? (Terenas)
Concillian,Jan 12 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:At 29 you can't get any of the 21 point talents that are really cool.  You need Improved SS, so you really have 18 points to play with.  So you have a few options.  This is what I came up with from the top of my head:

1) Improved Sap + Improved Ambush.  Seems kinda 'meh' from a high level perspective, but at that level you don't have Cheap Shot yet, so ambush or garrotte are the openers of choice, and this increases the damage of those pretty significantly.  Don't discount the occasional usefulness of Garrotte.  It can't be dispelled (except by a bubble) and damage is not reduced by armor.  It also does pretty decent damage at that level when fully talented.  Nice for pallies and warriors, or those druids that are just going to run away anyway.  It and Rupture are of limited use in PvP because they are DOTs, but if you notice you are up against people who aren't cross healing, they do more damage to heavily armored targets than your direct damage options. 

Acc. to thott I get Cheapshot at level 26. I do like the fun of big ambush crits, and Improved Sap vs. PUGs sounds like a lot of fun. However, since I won't be running instances, and will have Cheapshot, I was leaning away from this approach. Might depend on if I end up getting the weapons I want or not.

Quote:2) Improved Sprint + Riposte + 5 points in Malice + 1/2 in Murder (or 2/3 in imp. sprint and 2/2 in Murder)  I think that has a lot of useful WSG skills, more concentration on sustained damage with +crit instead of improving specific skills.  Riposte is really nice in 1 on 1 situations... when you parry.

3) Like #2 but instead of 5/5 malice, get 2/2 Improved kick + 2/5 Malice.  Better for mages and other casters, lower damage output.
[right][snapback]99260[/snapback][/right]

Your #2 is very much like what I was planning to post here. I went against a warrior and a mage doing flag defense. I missed the sap... and the ARGH! feeling still hasn't left me. Hence I'd probably lean towards getting that point in murder and therefore not improved kick, as nice as that would be vs. mages.

I really want riposte, as that is a great tool against rogues and warriors. So far most of my opponents have been better geared and it's been tough to take out those twinked rogues and warriors.

The #1 build does have appeal though. Where would you put the subtlety tree points for the the first tier? Something like:This?

I am not sure which would be better for this purpose, MoD or Camo. Ghostly Strike might be worth a point vs. rogues and paladins.

The subtlety build is a lot closer to my eventual Hemo plans but that won't include Improved Sinister Strike so a respec would still be needed.

edit: Fixed link -- the one I had at first had Improved Rupture instead of Improved Sap

Messages In This Thread
PvP at 20-29 -- an organized group? (Terenas) - by vor_lord - 01-12-2006, 10:16 PM