I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp)
Oddly enough, in Seven Lances online play many of the things that people seem most uncomfortable with when thinking about the patch changes are very much present

(Perhaps not true of everyone, but the following is true of most people in hardcore)

People exp farm. There's nothing like getting a severe kicking or finding out your second string attack doesn't work to make you want to drop back to an easier area for a while

People magic find. This is both an attempt to make the game easier and sheer enthusiasm to see the cool new items

People group up in parties. It is very difficult solo, especially in hardcore although one player reached Guardian really rather fast

People twink

People min/max. A lot. You almost have to

What is noticeable by its absence is
- cheating
- rudeness
- leeching
- characters in areas where they are useless
- high level characters dropping back to help in low level games
- PKing

I really think that most of the issues are related to other people's behaviour rather than being integral to the game design

So perhaps the real issue is will other people's lameness spoil our game experience in 1.10?

Well clearly not in SP

On Bnet the three really significant changes in this regard are
- the ongoing Ladder wipes
- the Cow level nerf
- the revised drops

So maybe it will get more like Bnet D2 in the early days when you might not especially appreciate the other players but the reason everyone was there was to run through the game killing stuff. I certainly think the current dismal showing of public games will change where you simply don't see games that would be fun to join

(Says Brista fresh from a 2 hour Seven Lances attempt on NM Baal that ended in a draw ;) )

Messages In This Thread
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Brista - 05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 10:58 PM