I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp)
Quote:I thought I had to say your name three times to summon you!

Nah. That's Beetlegeuse. ;)

Quote:I will merely note that you are assuming a bit about the communication skills of the person who wrote that text.

Hey. Aren't I allowed to assume SOMETHING? :P Hehe. And yeah, I am, but I think it's a pretty accurate indication of what he meant. It is, after all, what the text itself means. Whether that actually makes it into the patch or not, however, is another thing entirely. :P

Quote:But that's natural, as I've said in another forum. As the number of people scales up from one in single player to billions and billions on b.net, the drop rate (in general terms, so include gambling) needs to go down. The economy that develops has a larger ability to get the items that do drop to the people who really want them. Or from another point of view someone who wants a particular item has a better chance of discovering someone who had found it.

Yes. But, in order to do this, they have to have two seperate versions of the patch. That means *gasp* extra work for them. :P So, it's not gonna happen. Ever. ;) Believe me, it's tough enough trying to make balance for one or the other. To make two seperate patches would be a whole lot more work.

All that's aside from the fact that Blizzard wants to be able to item farm as much as the rest of B.Net. ;) Though I agree that, to a point, more players should equal less drops. Not per player in-game, but rather per player in the environment (i.e. the server). However, again, balancing for such a scale would be tremendously difficult.

None of that is an excuse for shoddy balance. It's just that to attain anything even close to perfect balance, you'd need to invest at least twice the work. Thank God for mods, eh? ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Roland - 05-11-2003, 02:57 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 10:58 PM