I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp)
Since my name was mentioned (well, that's not the only reason, but shush :P).

Quote:Possible consolation for Roland, you could read this sentence as meaning that the ladder items will also drop in the client hosted games - they would be able to prevent someone from making a mod to do so anyway.

Nope. If you look closely, it states "SP, TCP/IP, and Open or Ladder only". What that means is that there are two new "mods": those that appear ONLY in SP, TCP/IP, and Open (thus negating my comments earlier about SP taking the shaft; curse you Blizzard! ;) Oh, wait, does this mean they actually LISTEN to me now? :D), and those that appear ONLY on the Realms for Ladder characters. So, essentially, non-Ladder Realm characters end up getting the shaft. ;) Woot! :P I imagine, however, that items found in Ladder will be carried over to non-Ladder when the characters get bumped down, so the point is somewhat moot.

Quote:This is good, depending on what they mean. It will likely encourages full clears. Are treasure classes for normal monsters boosted? Or has the affix pool been cleaned up so that monsters in Act V Hell won't drop a Ring of Craftsmanship?

It means that, while Bosses are still your best bet for MFing, normal, non-boss monsters are improved a bit. Take it as you will (good or bad). In the end, all it means is more ways to get items. Good news for SP players, bad news for MP players. *shrug* I'll remain indifferent, because I can't pick a side. :P

As for everything else... no real comment at the moment. Too little to go on to comment, so no point. ;) I only comment on what I know. Alot of this is new stuff, or at least changes that can't be guessed about through the words alone. On the one hand, so far there's only a few guaranteed broken elements. On the other, they've got ALOT of room to play with. :P My bet is on it being slightly worse than 1.09d. Or, in other words, roughly of the same caliber as 1.08 for Diablo II Classic. ;)

(Hey Bolty! Is THIS a whole new game? :D Yes, you can smack me. I know I deserve it. ;))
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Roland - 05-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 10:58 PM