I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp)
with an exp nerf hitting around lvl 70 there is now as usual 2 straightly different cases.
The road- beat the whole game.
the goal - getting a high lvl character (with uber items)

blizzards claims that the monster improvements include enhanced AI, more skills, greater damage, and higher resistances. (more challanging game play ?)

Blizzard claims that players can expect to encounter more randomly distributed unique monsters in every locale and even a few guest monsters where players wouldn’t normally expect them . ( a new world?)

A lot of the impact in the battle net community would circle around how efficient leeching exp and tedius farming areas for exp would be!
Lets say that blizzard actual manage to get players to follow "the road" to get to "the goal".
This would mean "a lesser gab" as the road now becomes "harder and longer"! This is calling playing the whole game! And as such its a begining ! (in a patch 1.10- an end maybe)

But unless using a real tool to enforce/encouarge players to "play the whole game" its unlikely that the gab would not stay as every powergaming loophole is explored. Real tools rewards playing the whole game , either by nerfs (diminishing exp for unbalanced kill numbers this means to many bloddy runs= no exp!) or by using rewards (as big rewards for doing all quest again and again!).

But at least it looks like some steps have been taken! as blizzard now claims "The first time a player defeats an Act-ending boss monster, the creature will yield significantly better treasure than in subsequent encounters. Some of the other quest rewards have been improved as well. "

This system would work perfect if all quest where reset after last where done (and rewards adjusted to could be given repeately!). But still its not that bad (and not new either!).

But I see no real tool used to reward players to play the whole game as compared to exp farming so I expect the gab still to be there!

To another worring topic!
the synergic effects! this is interesting as it at first looks like this is goodiant material. But it might actual be another gab trap as items with + skills becomes a lot more important !

( looks like a good time to advocate that + skill items does not add to synergi effects! If applied in 1.09 it would mean that + skill items didn't gives dire wolf life bonus to a grizzly bear , but did get the other bonus!)

Messages In This Thread
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by jondifool - 05-10-2003, 03:30 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 10:58 PM