Avarice Alliance - "Off Days" for raiding
Gnollguy,Nov 16 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:As for thorium brotherhood rep.  Gnolack is also grinding to revered and eventually exhalted.  I think I need 1880 more Dark Iron ore (or equivalent mats) to to revered so I'm only 620 ore into the grind.  While I can mine the ore myself attempts to do so have been pretty poor.  Without an epic mount I'm at a horrible disadvantage to the farmers in Burning Steppes and over the last 2 weeks there have been at least 5 of them there at pretty much all hours of the day when I have checked.  It may in fact be faster to farm gold and buy the ore or what not than to try and find and mine ore for it yourself.  Yes I realize that I just said it might be faster to farm 2400 gold than to farm 2400 dark iron ore.  My last 4 sets of 2 hours of grinding for ore yielded 32 dark iron ore.  So yep I'm at 32 ore per 8 hours or 4 ore an hour right now.  Ore is actually less than 1 gold per ore usually.  Even I can grind more than 1 gold an hour.
[right][snapback]95053[/snapback][/right]

Yikes! That is low rate of getting the ore in Burning Steppes. Taunshu has usually pulled in a much better rate than that, even when some of those epic mount characters are around. The case that a character with an epic mount does not necessarily hold when doing that type of mining. They move fast, but the respawns are on a dynamic respawn situation and you only need to be in the right area when the spawn happens, not run a race across the zone to get to a specific spot. Note that I have hit RTVs and DIDs in BS after I saw a epic mounted miner pass the area before I got there, the spawn can happen shortly after they passby too. I did a similar thing with Taunshu at level 35 in Charred Vale for mithril spawns and going up against mounted characters; I just needed to be at a spawing node before them, not race them across the area to get to a specific one.

My only question to myself on the Thorium Brotherhood reputation right now is, should I push the Dark Iron Ore to Andar for another Armorsmith, or use it on Littledude for a Tailor/Enchanter?

Messages In This Thread
Avarice Alliance - "Off Days" for raiding - by Ruvanal - 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM