Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
Jester,Nov 8 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:"Pottery (I am guessing you refer to the museum looting that was an inside job) protection during combat cannot and is not a priority military mission, and the politicians did not resource that effort as though it were a high priority."

(I'll probably get to a more detailed reply later. Needless to say, I agree with you on many points. You were, and remain, a voice of experience and sanity here. I just wish those with your caution had carried the day.)

No, the pottery thing was Powell's Pottery Barn Rule: You break it, you pay for it. They broke a nation of 26 million people, the "pieces of mesopotamian pottery". Now all the President's horses and all the President's men can't put Iraq back together again.

-Jester

Edit: corrected an error in the PBR.
[right][snapback]94445[/snapback][/right]

Nice metaphor. Not sure if you are right, at the moment things look rather hosed to those of us being fed by various media sources with varying foci. We shall see.

At the moment, I am betting neither the over nor the under, in fact, I'm not betting at all. I'm watching, wondering, and gritting my teeth.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Occhidiangela - 11-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM