Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
whyBish,Nov 7 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:When we were originally discussing the possibility of the war someone (Pete I think?) said that if the government knowingly misled the US public then there would be hell to pay.  Hell seems pretty gentle these days.  ;)

I don't agree with the U.S. rationale for going to war, But I am happy that Saddam was dethroned. 
[right][snapback]94346[/snapback][/right]

1. I said it, among others, and I was apparently wrong, or Hell takes a while to pay, the installment plan and all that, balloon payments . . .

2. The number itself is not significant, unless you happen to be one of them. Otherwise, it is a vulgar score card used for other purposes.

In war, people die. They always have.

In earthquakes, people often die. 80,000 or so in Pakistan lately: that's a lot.

War features intramural homicide. The propensity of some of the media and spin meisters to present it as a sporting event is nauseating.

Last year, 2004, in Texas, we killed 1700 of each other in vehicle accidents.

John Cleese quipped once in a Python sketch: "Don't get sentimental mother, people die every day." While I wish I could take that glib approach, when it is someone you know, it hurts.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Occhidiangela - 11-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM