Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
Occhidiangela,Nov 4 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:eppie

I understand your latent mistrust of persons military, however, given that I accrued knowledge based on involvement in the exact process under critique, your assertion of bias is at best a misuse of the word, at worst, a charge that I am unable to look at this grisly matter without blinders on.  I will assume the former.    :) 

No I don't mistrust anybody just because he or she belongs to a certain group. I'm just saying that in this discussion there are people that have certain reasons to bend the facts to what is better for them. So I'm not accusing you of being biased, lying or something else. I'm just pointing out that in the topic of "saying different numbers for a death count" somebody must be "not speaking the truth". And I can not, just because you are a fellow lurker, 100 % go with your story.

Remember earlier discussions about the reason to go to war to Iraq etc. My healthy mistrust of "people in power" actually turned out to give me an opinion that now turns out to be very close to truth. But don't worry that is just believe everything that is "in my street" I try to stay critical all the time.

So try to look at it from my perspective; why would you (if you were me) believe somebody like you more than for example the writer of the article.
At the same time I can also fully understand that you will not always take for granted what I say.

eppie

Messages In This Thread
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by eppie - 11-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM