SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1
hiryuu1115,Nov 3 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:Well, looks like I've gone and done it again :\

It was not my intention to offend anyone with my word choice, but it looks like I did. My apologies.

I respect your reasoning for not signing up for a forum, as that makes perfect sense.

As for keeping signups for Avarice events on the Carpe Aurum forums, was there some kind of post or notice on that posted somewhere?
[right][snapback]93985[/snapback][/right]
It wasn't so much being offended. It was that I've seen things messed up by miscommunication when coordinating things through multiple sites. It was generally something like "didn't you read xyz post on the abc forum?" But it could just as well be: "Why am I left out, I signed up on abc forum?" "Oh, it must have been after I looked there, sorry." In fact, I brought this same thing up with Tuft. He likes to have his signups on the Basin, but his concession to Avarice is that he will regularly check each forum, without bias, and add names from each and he points people directly to any posted info he expects them to have. There is no expectation that the player has read through the other guild's forum.

I still believe that any raid, 10 or 40, drawing from all of Avarice, should have the signup on carpeaurum.com Events forum for everyone's convenience. I can't say that I've seen an official post directly detailing signups. It has come from posts by Avarice leaders generally referring to the Events forum as the official Avarice raid signup.

It probably would be a good idea for Avarice raid council members to chime in on this. If I'm wrong about the CA Events forum being the preferred Avarice signup location, it would be good to know so that I'm not steering folks wrong here.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1 - by hiryuu1115 - 11-03-2005, 07:36 AM
SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1 - by LochnarITB - 11-03-2005, 10:54 AM
SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1 - by hiryuu1115 - 11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
SR - Wednesday Late Night Raid #1 - by Tuftears - 11-03-2005, 07:58 PM