Mogo's last few points
swirly,Oct 29 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:To follow a similiar train of thought...here is a slightly different  take on the elemental portion of that build.  I kind of took your idea of building up the lightning that she likes to use and said "hey, why not build up the fire totems that she meantions she uses a good amount?".

So in this version you have stronger lightning skills, clearcasting, and improved fire totems.  Its basically a build aimed directly at how she plays.  Healing?  Yeah, we have alot of that...just no mana tide totem and losing one point in ancestral healing.  Lightning bolts? Yeah we have those being cheaper and criting more often and for more damage.  Fire totems?  Yeah we have those doing more damage and fire nova totem being easier to use as well.

Its not how I would build it for my own character, but it feels like it hits all the points that she likes.  It suffers the same problem as the other builds I suggested though.  Its still losing a point from ancestral healing which she seems to not like at all (not like to lose that is) and its still a bit more damage focused instead of being all healing. Yet another idea to toy with though.
[right][snapback]93561[/snapback][/right]

This little tweaking of the build vor_lord had originally suggested does fit slightly better with how I play Mogo. If I were to drop tide, this would probably be the way to go. I do usually use nova a bit more than magma (I tried to see if I could squeeze out the boost to magma totem too without losing too much in restoration) in instances since it's just a one time shot instead of having to worry about how long magma is going to fire off. Frequently, things are dead before the magma wears off anyway so it just sits there, trying to piss off any critters that happen to wander through on their patrol route.

I don't really see myself using shocks that much more even with the damage increase and the mana reduction. I use them more for utility than for their damage, even though the damage is nice. Flame shock is the exception. ;) If we have CCers around, then I lay off the flame shock too. DoTs just don't seem to play well with CC. :D

Thanks so much to both of you and I'm glad you didn't just delete it vor_lord. :) Now, to decide if tide is really worth it or not.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Mogo's last few points - by vor_lord - 10-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Mogo's last few points - by Gurnsey - 11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Gurnsey - 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Mogo's last few points - by ima_nerd - 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM