Mogo's last few points
Mogo has been restoration specced since the day she was born. She's been main or only healer in the vast majority of instances she's been in so I knew I needed all the healing oomph I could get. I also wanted to see if Mana Tide Totem was worth it.

Right now she is level 57 and has 43 points in restoration and 5 in enhancement (all in Ancestral Knowledge - increases maximum mana by 5%). Her restoration tree is as follows.
  • Tidal Focus 5/5 - reduces the mana cost of healing spells by 5%.<>
  • Ancestral Healing 5/5 - increases target's armor value by 25% for 15 seconds after getting a critical effect from one of your healing spells.<>
  • Totemic Focus 5/5 - reduces the mana cost of your totems by 10%.<>
  • Combat endurance 1/1 - Allows 10% of health regeneration to work while in combat. <>
  • Improved Lesser Healing Wave 5/5 - Gives you a 75% chance to avoid interruption cause by damage while casting Lesser Healing Wave. <>
  • Eventide 5/5 (required for Mana tide totem) - increases the duration of healing stream and mana spring totems by 10 seconds. <>
  • Tidal Mastery 5/5 - increases the critical effect chance of healing and lightning spells by 5%. <>
  • Nature's Swiftness 1/1 - When activated next nature spell with a casting time less than 10 sec becomes an instant cast spell. <>
  • Improved mana spring totem 5/5 (required for mana tide totem) - increases the effect of your mana spring totem by 25%. <>
  • Purification 5/5 - increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 10%.<>
  • Mana Tide Totem 1/1 - summons a mana tide totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 12 sec that restores 155 mana every 3 seconds to group members within 20 yards (increases mana restored with new ranks of the totem learned).<>
    [st]
    She'll have 3 more points to spend by the time she hits 60. The debate is either 2 in improved reincarnation (reduces the cooldown on reincarnation by 10 minutes a point) and spend a silly single point elsewhere or all 3 in improved healing wave (reduces the casting time of healing wave by 0.1 sec/point). I can also take out the point in combat endurance if I want and have 4 points in improved healing wave or possibly 4 points in enhancement for shield spec (increases chance to block with a shield by 1% per point spent) or 4 points in improved lightning bolt (reduces mana cost of lightning bolt by 3% per point).

Improved reincarnation is nice, but it has rarely been an issue where I've died a second time while reincarnation was in cooldown. It has happened, but not enough to make me really feel like it's necessary for me.

She used to have a full 5 points in improved healing wave to cut the casting time down to 2.5 seconds, but she did a respec to tighten up her spent points a bit more. Most of time, 3 seconds is short enough for that bigger heal to land and if not, I've got nature's swiftness available most of the time and warstomp to buy me a little bit more time to heal as well. The only issue with warstomp is that I have to be by the critters hurting whoever needs the healing, but oh well. I love stomp. :)

Shield spec would be slightly tasty, but she doesn't tank that often and when she does, she just heals with her improved lesser healing wave instead and/or warstomps. ;)

If she's out in the world or not main/only healer, most of her DPS is through lightning bolt so that one is slightly ahead of the others in terms of want. :) First and foremost though, she is a healer.

I've also been debating on dropping mana tide and it's pre-reqs which will free up a lot of points, but whenever I do think more about it, then I get in groups comprised of all mana users and it helps out everyone in the group so I want to keep it. And now that I've got the trinket that's similar, just think of the mana regen I can help with. :)

Anyway, any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Mogo's last few points - by vor_lord - 10-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Treesh - 10-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Mogo's last few points - by swirly - 10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Mogo's last few points - by Gurnsey - 11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Mogo's last few points - by Gurnsey - 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Mogo's last few points - by ima_nerd - 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM