Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again...
lemekim,Oct 11 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:First, why don't you use the Paladin that has 15 minute improved salvation buff? I am sure you can find one.

Second, it is quite easy to know when to stop buffing. 40% rings a bell? Start buffing at the beginning of stage 2. Spend the rest of time regenerating mana. On horde side, most shamans stand around and shoot Lightning Bolt at Onyxia, with maybe an occasional heal. A few priests is more then enough to keep the whelp groups and everyone else in the raid topped off.

If for some stupid reason the buffing paladin gets aggro from an untimely BoS ahead of Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, Priests and other Paladin healers, ahead of Warrior who is spamming his highest aggro abilities, you have a bigger problem then just BoS. But let's say you do get into that position, then you can just Bubble. No, it's not aggro wipe. But it's 12 seconds of you being aggro free and it should be plenty of time for MT to overcome your aggro.
Welcome to high-end raiding! Onyxia is not like Molten Core, where you can go on auto-pilot most of the fights. Anyway, the only reason anyone in Stage 1 or 2 should die is because of Deep Breath. And if you are having Deep Breath issues that early into stage 2, I don't think your raid is doing too well. And if the paladin dies to the random fireballs Onyxia shoots... Don't ever bring that paladin to the raid again.
Oh, that's right, I forgot that alliance has Blessing of Protection they can just put on the mages and not worry at all about mages dying. Horde needs priests for that job however. But that point is moot. Here is a simple plan for BoS buffing!

At the start of stage 2, a single paladin with Imp. BoS buffs people in this order - Warlocks, Hunters, Priests, Warriors, Mages, Rogues, Paladins. Once Onyxia gets to 42% or so, he stops wherever he was and regens mana for the rest of the stage 2. If he dies beforehand, he buffed the people who cause most problems in transition and aggro problems in Stage 3.
This whole argument reminds me of people who have a car and people who walk to work:

- Dude, you have a car, it's so good!
- Yea, but I have to fill it up with gas, and change oil, it's just a really big hassle.
- But dude... You have a car, and I have to walk...
- Car is overrated. Sure, you are protected from wind and rain, and it takes less time to get to work, but you get to have excercise while walking! It's not fair, we are stuck in this car sitting on our butts, while you excercise!
- Uh... k...
[right][snapback]91713[/snapback][/right]

You know Lemekin, you spout a lot about how things are done, but have you ever tried to implement half the things you mention in actual game play? You always seem to look at things in the most optimal situation, guess what, it's not. If you were to watch how we raid Onyxia, it would look like chaos, but, it's fairly well organized.

Since we've started regularly killing Onyxia several months ago, we've been deep breathed TWICE (both in the same raid). As GG said, a lot of the people that are new to raiding with us probably think Deep Breath is a myth. We get through Phase 2 so quickly it's not funny and leaves very little time for rebuffing by anyone (Phase 2 for us is now down to under 4 minutes, try rebuffing 35+ people while everyone is running around doing their jobs either DPSing Onyxia or killing her whelps and see how well you can rebuff everyone before we reach 40%).

So, until you start raiding with the Stormrage group and see how we fight the encounter, you have very little room to be telling us how we're s'pose to fight her.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by Lissa - 10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by savaughn - 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM