Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids
I was unhappy with my play last night, and I want to share some of the issues that are making this guild recently less enjoyable for myself & others.

First, Not all of us want to do a raid every night. We build our characters for many reasons, not just to be pulled into a raid. The comments and pressure from those that do want to raid every night are strong - comments like "It's terrible seeing how many 60's are playing alts when a guild raid is set," etc. This applies a strong leverage that if we are part of MWD, we must join a raid if we are on.

Last night, I was in an extremely enjoyable DM group with my son when the "How can you be in DM when it's a raid time?" commentary started. This group had started earlier, was going very well and was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, I bowed to the pressure as a senior MWD member and broke the DM group. The decision was made to do LBRS, which meant that my son, who was playing with me, could not spend the time for the raid since it was too long an instance. We lost other members of the DM group who also did not want to play too late.

The LBRS raid started out well - we had one very funny wipe, but towards the end, players were getting tired. We had a second wipe almost at the end. At this time, the raid leader bailed on us, being unhappy that there was insufficient aggro control. This was totally unacceptable. The rest of the group wanted to continue, but our rezer made a mistake (that I also have made) and entered the instance before our druid could sneak back in and rez him in place. Eventually many of us got back together, but by then the die was cast - the group fell apart just before the last 2 bosses.

It's unacceptable for a group leader to bail when things go wrong. Rather than harangue other players, it's the time for calm instruction and guidance. It's unacceptable to be intolerant that others may not want to go on raids 5 days a week, and may want to play in other fashions. The guild raid at 7 is to allow those that want to raid to have a common time to meet, not to force guild members into those raids. I was pretty unhappy last night with the guild. I won't let it happen again.

Messages In This Thread
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Hyacinth - 10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Mavfin - 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Hyacinth - 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Mavfin - 10-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Zia - 10-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by monkee - 10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Cyradis - 10-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Moonwell Dancers Nightly Raids - by Frizz - 10-11-2005, 06:21 PM