Lieutenant Doren, you are a marked man.
Alram,Sep 24 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:I had a great time at our very first Lurkers party on Terenas.  We started off with dancing, fireworks, and a fashion show from Treesh.  Her cute Tauren has several lovely outfits.

After being organized into a raid by the deadly warrior, Durambar, all 15 of us headed north through Stranglethorn Vale to the Rebel Camp.  We proceeded to attack the camp, but eventually nearly all of us were butchered by ??Lieut. Doren.  In a second wave we were able to isolate him from the rest of the camp, but dang it, we just could not kill him.  In the words of Ahnold, we'll be back.  We did of course kill off a number of alliance that had the misfortune to flag themselves PVP.

On we went into Westfall, followed all the way by a lone Alliance druid, who intermittently mouthed incomprehensible phrases, and no doubt announcing our approach to all Alliance in the area.  Once we got to Sentinel Hill, the fun really began.  Naturally we began killing off NPCs.  There were a handful of  Alliance players about; a few of them were foolhardy enough to attack us and meet a quick death.  Soon, the Alliance began flying in. Of course that obliged us to murder the flight master and his griffins. As more and more alliance poured into the area we held our own.  Eventually, however, we were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, and we went down to defeat.  There was a lot of talk about how somebody should get a screenshot, but I'm not sure if anybody actually did.

Once our PVP flags wore off, many Lurkers began dueling with the Alliance.  In what I believe was the first duel Nashkara (Sir Diealot), our level 60 druid brought a level 60 alliance mage down to his gnomish knees.  One of us was tricked by the Alliance during a duel into being reflagged PVP.  Eventually an Alliance rogue in the mid 30s challenged Rogoll, my level 50 rogue to a duel.  I accepted, and after entering stealth mode I noticed that the alliance rogue who had previously been PVE had now flagged himself PVP.  The dastardly fellow wanted to get me flagged just so the dozens of alliance about could kill me.  Now rogues are essentially sneaky and opportunistic so I couldn't really blame the fellow for trying.  Since he tried to bring me down with a sneaky trick, I decided to turn the tables on him and pull off a sneaky trick of my own.  I left the dueling area and forfeited the duel; then I snuck back in stealth mode, and killed him from behind with a one shot Ambush, vanished and sprinted away.  Truth be told, it was a low-down dirty trick, but under the circumstances I felt totally justified.

The original plan had been to run the Deadmines after completing the raid on Sentinel Hill.  However, there were no level appropriate Lurkers for the Deadmines, so our raid then broke up, and a bunch of us went off to run Gahrzilla in Zul'Farrak, followed by Maraudon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The winner of the contest was Vor Lord, who submitted the following joke:

A man goes to a reagent vendor to get some brain to complete a recipe. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offered by this vendor. He begins to question the vendor about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for mage brain?"

"Three silver per ounce."

"How much does it cost for warrior brain?"

"Four silver per ounce."

"How much for paladin brain?"

"1,000 gold per ounce."

"Why is paladin brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many paladins we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?" They're not easy to kill either (shield + hearth for the win)!

Kandrathe was a strong contender in the contest, but unfortunately for him, he didn't join the party and therefore was not eligible.  I repost his joke here:

A Night Elf Druid, a Human Hunter with a Crocolisk pet, a Dwarf Engineer with Jumper Cables XL, and a very hungry Gnome walk into a bar tended by a fairy.

The night elf druid says, "I'll have ... a Dwarven Stout",  the Hunter asks "Do you serve Paladin's here?", the Dwarf orders the daily special, and the Gnome orders a Kodo Burger.

The bartender looks suspiciously at the NE Druid as he hands him the stout and says "What's with the pause?" Then at the Dwarf as he gives him the special and says, '"Don't you be starting anything."  Next to the Hunter, "Sure, we serve Paladins here.", and he gives the Gnome a huge Kodo Burger.

The Hunter then replies, "Good, I'll have a stout like my friend, and a Paladin for my Crocolisk."  As it turns out the daily special came with two wishes.  "What would you like for your first wish?", asked the bartender fairy.  The Dwarf replied, "A mug of Ale that never goes dry". So the bartender fairy hands him a bottomless mug of ale and asks "And, for your next wish?"  The Dwarf downs the ale in a big gulp, and says "Another."

And, the Gnome?  Well it was hard to tell what he was thinking, what with him being a Goblin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a blast last night.  I fully intend to return with some Lurkers when we are more appropriate levels, and kill ??Lieut. Doren.  He is a marked man.
[right][snapback]90101[/snapback][/right]
I too had fun, but I'm suspicious I had the fewest amount of Alliance kills in the group of those of us who are in the upper 40's, lower 50's range. Although, early in the Sentinel Hill raid, I did run past a level 8 gnome of some sort, and I believe I one hit WingClipped hiim down, but I'm not certain. I was running by, and I may have just stepped on him. Not a very honorable kill, slashing a level 8 when you're level 51, but he was there, and flagged, so I slashed. lol I must have irritated him sufficiently that for most of the rest of the evening I was corpse-camped by 2 60 pallys and a 60 rogue. So I spent the majority of the raid in ghost form. lol Alas, it was enjoyable, even if I did pick up 2 dishonorable kills.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>

Messages In This Thread
Lieutenant Doren, you are a marked man. - by VoiceMan - 09-26-2005, 09:38 PM