Dungeon Siege II
[wcip]Angel,Aug 18 2005, Wrote:I played roughly 4 minutes. Couldn't stand it, so I went back to Diablo.

Anyone else feel that most games these days are way too "cartoony"? I mean, Diablo's graphics are old as hell, but the mood and atmosphere in the game surpasses most of today's RPGs'. It's so gritty and dirty. Today, most games are all pretty and polished. They just don't evoke any *real* emotion, because it looks like something out of a Hanna Barbera-cartoon.
[right][snapback]86505[/snapback][/right]

I grabbed the demo of DSII. I played DSI though the main campaign on the LAN with Treesh. It was OK, but character progression had some issues. Single player didn't really appeal to me. Of course I really didn't like single player D2 either.

DSII has a bit more atmosphere to it in the demo at least. It doesn't play itself as much as the first one did either though it still have some of those features. Skill stuff seems to be a bit better and they warn you, a lot, to not try and progress more than one specialty. It looks like they gave up completely on the idea of hybrids and while that is good it would have been nice, in either game to really be able to have a decently usable secondary roll without completely gimping the character. Treesh and I tried it in the first with me doing ranged and nature and her doing melee and fire and you just fell way too far behind the curve and it just got frustrating instead of fun. :)

But I don't think you'd like if you really didn't like the first one.

But if you have a fast connection and free HDD space you can grab the 1.2 GB demo and look at it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Dungeon Siege II - by MonTy - 08-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Dungeon Siege II - by WarLocke - 08-17-2005, 03:09 AM
Dungeon Siege II - by Drasca - 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Dungeon Siege II - by [wcip]Angel - 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Dungeon Siege II - by WarLocke - 08-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Dungeon Siege II - by Kevin - 08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Dungeon Siege II - by Minionman - 08-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Dungeon Siege II - by DeeBye - 08-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Dungeon Siege II - by Kevin - 08-19-2005, 04:45 AM