What I have been looking at getting for Telsak..
Armor is also important when tanking. While having a bigger buffer is nice, taking less damage is nice as well. Example - Ornate Adamantium Breastplate is much, much better for tanking not only because of 15 defense, but because it also has 150 more armor (at the cost of 2 stamina).

Alrin,Aug 9 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:So I was making a little list from various resources. Mj guild pages etc.

Looking at maximizing Stamina gear along with +defence wherever possible.

- Chest -
Breastplate of Valor - 24 Sta (Have it - THANKS GG!)
Ornate Adamantium Breastplate - 22 Sta / 15 Defense

I could add that you could also get Kromcrush Chestplate (777 armor, 16 str/sta, 15 def), or Deathbone Chestplate (657 armor, but 12 sta and whopping 25 defense). Ornate Adamantium is probably my armor of choice here.

Quote:- Cloak -
Redoubt Cloak - 15 Sta / 10 Defense
The Emperor's New Cape - 16 Sta

Redoubt Cloak without a doubt. Probably easier to get as well.

Quote:- Gloves -
Reiver Claws - 15 Sta / 1% Crit
Stonegrip Gauntlets - 14 Sta / 15 Defense (Random blue world drop)

Again, you can add Force Imbued Gauntlets - 538 armor (about 150 more then other gloves), 10 def 14 sta

Quote:- Belt -
Girdle of Uther - 10 Sta

I am not sure why Uther. Get Handcrafted Mastersmith Girdle (about 200 more armor and similar stats).

Quote:- Leggings -
Wraithplate Leggings - 20 Sta / 1% Parry
Warmaster Legguards - 15 Sta / 2% Dodge
Legplates of Valor - 15 Sta

I would add Legplates of Eternal Guardian there. 200 more armor and 22 defense.

I also know that Dire Maul drops some really nice tanking bracers, but it would require some luck and a friend warlock who is doing their epic mount quest. That's all the items I can think of for now =)

Also, I noticed that when I really focus on tankng gear, I find that it sometimes actually hurts tanking in casual instances. You will be really starved for rage on one hand because you have completely gimped your damage, and on the other because you don't take enough damage to get any significant amount of rage. Healers won't really get aggro in this case (As you are taking little damage), but it would be hard to keep up with DPS in your group, especialy considering you have to keep other mobs on you as well. My solution was to simply tank two-handed, but it seems this is just the downfall of warrior's rage system - taking less damage may not actually help tanking per se.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
What I have been looking at getting for Telsak.. - by lemekim - 08-09-2005, 05:29 PM