Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar
My suggestion? If you're going to try this, I'd do Cairne Bloodhoof first:

1) Members of the opposing faction will be virtually unaware of what is happening until you've engaged Cairne already (assuming you use the rear elevator for entry, which is quite near Cairne. You'd only have to go through a few guards to get to Cairne.

2) Once you egage Cairne you will have a relatively long lag time for opposing faction PvP'ers to get there, plus added inertia for not going, as the flight from Org to TB is not LONG, but it's definitely not short either.

3) because the opposite faction people won't necessarily be massed, you should have significantly better success at holding them off, they are more likely to trickle in one at a time, so you may need to dedicate fewer people for 'opposition duty' for the PC defenders that will show up.

4) The graveyard in Mulgore is WAY closer than Razor Hill is in Durotar.

Orgrimmar is going to be a pain because Thrall is DEEP inside and you are sure to be spotted even if you use the back entrace. Once you are spotted, there are often AT LEAST a dozen or two 60s just hanging out in the middle of the city who would be happy to assist Thrall in eradicating you and they are less than a minute away, hanging out by the bank and AH.

With the help of the guards and the extreme distance at which you would have to res compared with the horde (the latest patch have horde ressing verny near to their body, easily less than a minute away, instead of how they used to have to run from Razor Hill), even a small defensive force of horde should have a pretty easy time causing significant disruption to your raid.

I would be surprised if Thrall could be done with less than 2 full raid groups (1 for dealing with opposition from PCs and 1 for engaging Thrall himself) especially if you're a pickup caliber group. I think Cairne would be better to start with an practice for the extra challenges that a Thrall kill will present.

If you do want to do Trall, I would highly suggest going through the rear entrance near the corner of Ashenvale, Azshara, and Barrens so as to create lesser disturbance. going straight through the middle of town would be like if you had to go into IF, then crossover the Bank / AH mass in between and go through the tunnel on the opposite side to get to the great forge room. No raid group could get through that, especially with the opposition seconds from their corpses while you have a several minute run.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by chippydip - 07-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Concillian - 07-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Drasca - 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by chippydip - 07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Skandranon - 07-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Ruvanal - 07-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Ruvanal - 07-19-2005, 01:59 AM