Female rapist and murderer released from prison
Occhidiangela,Jul 7 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:Bingo. 

Hypocrisy, double standard, speaking with forked tongue.  Rot. 
[right][snapback]82714[/snapback][/right]

It's good rant material. However, my approach to language is simple, if I know people are going to get offended by a certain word, I try and not use it casually. When gay people use these terms, it is usually in friendship and camaraderie. When someone is using these words as a way to insult or intimidate, it's a different story (this definitely was not your intent). Using the terms casually you will run the risk of insulting people. This shouldn't suprise you. The best approach is use a less "provocative" term, especially since it'll get your meaning across just as well.

Occhidiangela,Jul 7 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:So, how about I flame every sorry sack who uses the term trailer trash or redneck on this forum.  Starting now.  I will start the word search, and the flames shall commence.  Who is with me?  :shuriken: 
Occhi
[right][snapback]82714[/snapback][/right]

You make a good point. People should be careful how they throw labels around casually. You never know who you might offend.
Signature? What do you mean?

Messages In This Thread
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Any1 - 07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 11:48 AM