The Dilemma!
It sounds like PvE servers will not be your cup of tea. The things that you enjoy (the pressure of watching your back constantly, danger lurking around every corner, etc) just don't exist on PvE servers. PvP action on PvE servers consists of:

1) Battlegrounds
2) Massive one-sided raids on towns (Crossroads nightly, usually) with little defense from the completely outmanned Horde side because most PvE servers are heavily Alliance-populated
3) 1 on 1 duels

You are also correct that the quality of players to fight against goes down as well, since they get so little practice with PvP. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but someone who has played on a PvP server for months will be able to roll over 90% of the players on a PvE server without barely exerting an effort (this I know from my time on a PvP server in beta compared to PvP on Stormrage that I've seen).

However, actual world fights are very rare. You could stand in a huge crowd of players, go /pvp, and only a few will ever attack you. Once they do, they tend to gang up on you and nobody bothers to help. It's a very different environment.

So, if Battlegrounds does not satisfy your PvP urges, you will not enjoy PvE servers. The random encounter seems to be what you enjoy, and it just doesn't happen there. The main reason to roll PvE is to get away from asshats, but you pay a penalty for it for sure.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
The Dilemma! - by Bob the Beholder - 06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
The Dilemma! - by Bolty - 06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
The Dilemma! - by vor_lord - 06-28-2005, 02:34 PM
The Dilemma! - by Bob the Beholder - 06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
The Dilemma! - by oldmandennis - 06-28-2005, 09:22 PM
The Dilemma! - by Brista - 06-30-2005, 09:11 AM