Can we get a "Sticky" thread to post Professions?
Here's a simple solution to what I view as the bulk of what is needed for guild/server specific stuff. Right now we have "The Crossroads", "Strategy & Game Mechanics", and "Gnomeregan". A 4th subforum would fill this need. However, I think it's important that this subforum be open to all servers, not just Stormrage (though the lurker Stormrage population is worthy of some stickies). "The Crossroads" is general infomation, and following my suggestion would keep it more related to general discussion of the game and also story-telling, but applicable for all lurkers. Right now, a lot of "The Crossroads" is devoted to things that may be classified as N/A to many lurkers as they play on different servers. A seperate subforum consolidating those types of topics will clear up the clutter and make it easier to find the type of information anyone is looking for. "The Crossroads" won't be filled with instance planning, making it easier to not have to filter through those posts when looking for other topics. For those that like to work with the lurkers on their server, they now have one place to look. A sticky for professions on Stormrage is not really appropriate in "The Crossroads" (IMO), but it IS entirely appropriate in this newly imagined subforum. I can't imagine a seperate subforum as being difficult to setup either, (correct me if I'm wrong) so there isn't undue burden on anyone.

Other thoughts I had pop into my head related to this:

- I can't think of anything that isn't stupid for a name, suggestions?

- Subforum rule - All postings should start with the server name, making it simple to know if the post relates to you or not.

- Stories on instances that have taken place should be posted in "The Crossroads" so other lurkers can read, rather than in the planning thread. Reading stories, after all, is not server specific.

- Planning threads can be deleted after the appointed time has passed to keep things clean.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight

Messages In This Thread
Can we get a "Sticky" thread to post Professions? - by bonemage - 06-01-2005, 07:41 PM