One hand giveth
Quark,Apr 13 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:In other news, Blizzard today officially acknowledged that Rogues exist.  They're still adamant that Vanish works, however, so don't get your hopes up of actually relying on it anytime soon.  We'll see if anything comes of this discussion.  I think it'd be particularly nice if Wound Poison weren't worthless ...
[right][snapback]73846[/snapback][/right]

Tyren finally responded today. The answers were:
1) Raids: dangerous, but doing the most DPS so it evens out. Agreed. Don't know if this was true for Combat Rogues back when the complaints came up, but it certainly wasn't for Dagger Rogues.
2) Vanish: Fix attempt in patch. Duh, we already knew that.
3) Eviscerate: Thinking about it.
4) Poisons and portals: Wishlist.
5) DoTs: Thinking about it.
6) Thrown: Wishlist.
7) Flare (taken from derail in Vanish): May make radius visible. Sounds good, a Flare is bright after all.

Now, I agree Rogues need help less than any other class. But dammit, they've managed to ignore everything besides Vanish. Not even a "we'll work on it after the other classes are done," it was "someday we might look at you again." How about Wound Poison getting a use besides on Baron Rivendare? How about Improved Garrote not being completely useless, let alone the skill Garrote itself? How about Detect Traps, you know, detecting something non-Hunter PvP? How about the fact that my Backstabs do more damage than many of my Eviscerates? That's supposed to be my "finishing" move.

Sadly, Eviscerate, Rupture, and Garrote being weak end game comes from the same design problems that make Mages drop in DPS end game: the numbers are hard coded, while everything else a Rogue does is based off his weapon. Even with my Lifeforce Dirk Garrote/Rupture were a bad choice against all but the highest armor mobs. Hell, the only time I've used Rupture in the past month is against one boss I had to keep targetting away from, so Rupture was the most reliable way to spend the combo points.

What about simple bugs? Like the race condition when you use Improved Sap: sometimes the client recieves the "lose stealth" after "regain stealth" meaning you are stealthed, but not showing it on screen. Kind of dangerous when you need to know right away if IS failed or not.

Not that it would go in this post, but how about changes that should be made to (*gasp*) weaken Rogues? Like making Blind unusable as a stunlock continuation. Like fixing the exploit where people are Ambushing with maces.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!

Messages In This Thread
One hand giveth - by Quark - 04-13-2005, 09:33 PM
One hand giveth - by Treesh - 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM
One hand giveth - by Phoenix - 04-13-2005, 11:52 PM
One hand giveth - by Guest - 04-14-2005, 12:05 AM
One hand giveth - by Quark - 04-14-2005, 12:18 AM
One hand giveth - by Guest - 04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
One hand giveth - by stabby - 04-14-2005, 02:35 AM
One hand giveth - by Quark - 06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
One hand giveth - by Raelynn - 06-01-2005, 08:44 PM