Can we get a "Sticky" thread to post Professions?
Darian,May 31 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:EEEP!  I wasn't even thinking about opening a can of worms here...  :blush:

That's a valid point, to be sure.  And as you note, no ulterior motives; in fact, one thing I had Kalamere do a few weeks ago was to include a "guild" field in the character info specifically so that our friends who aren't in Carpe Aurum would be able to utilize the tools without feeling like they have to be IN Carpe Aurum to do so.  Initially, it was just going to be for us, but to me it seems much more efficient to make the tools available to folks we interact with on a regular basis.

As far as people drifting away from the Lounge... hell, I'm the guild leader for CA, and I spend probably ten times as much ...err, time here as I do on my own boards, mostly because our boards are boring, and that in turn is because a lot of our folks don't tend to be posty types.  (Quite a few CA members read here, but don't post.)  I don't see it happening, and I hope I'm right.

I'm not so sure about that.  Shape the future of the Lurkers guild on Stormrage?  Possibly, even probably.  But the Lounge itself is something more than that.
[right][snapback]79038[/snapback][/right]

Agree agree. I don't think the specific example is a real issue. I just saw it as a good example of things I've been thinking about. I also haven't looked at the CA tools so I don't actually know what they can or can't do. :)

The Lounge itself is much more than just Wow, but how the members of this site view it's purpose will be affected some by how much we embrace (for lack of a better word, formally accept?, provided information about?) the guilds. I know there are guild members who really only used the boards for guild related things as it is. So the amount of encouragement or discouragement of things of that nature will impact how much people may post, what kind of content they may or may not work up. Might not be a big impact, but there will be some. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Can we get a "Sticky" thread to post Professions? - by Kevin - 05-31-2005, 09:07 PM