Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers
Glad to hear that you found a group that works for you. I'm lucky that my play style and altitis make finding a knit group not as important for my enjoyment of the game. You sound very much like Neriad needed to be in a different guild structure. I wonder if you had played on Stormrage (strange cosmic forces, bear with me. :) ) if you would have joined In Aeturnum for much the same reasons that you joined Offenders on Tichondrius.

I'll say that I think part of the lack of people on Tich too is that we still seem to have a lot of "alliance lovers" as well. I know tal who I tried to seduce to Terenas keeps saying that he doesn't really get drawn in by the horde story lines and quests and he is one of the more PvP "friendly" players on Stormrage. Oddly enough my stronger attachment to the horde side (despite not playing there for a long time for odd personal reasons) means that it will be easier for Gnolack to just hang out and help other Lurkers or grind for items for himself or others. Since I never got drawn in by the Alliance story line or quests I won't really feel I'm missing out on much by not doing them anymore. It's simpler to just kill for the sake of killing now.

Little Vanikth was actually the first character to sign the guild charter on Tich, I would pop on an play him now and then from day one onward. Yep that long to get to L18. Of course for various reasons I've wanted a larger more established social structure when playing recently (as odd as some of that may seem to those who know all the details) so even the slightly larger than Tich pop on Terenas has lost my participation. I think Terenas is still only at one L60 still as well.

We just don't have enough people with enough time to support 3 different server environments and without the site growing (I didn't say guild) we never will. The Tichondrius, Terenas, and Kilrogg guilds will stay as smaller little outposts. I'm not even sure if Stormrage will ever support a lot of high end raiding and it's active population is bigger than the rest of the Lurker guilds combined and has the ability to draw on forum goers who are heavily involved in other guilds. I don't think we have a lot of forum goers who play on Kilrogg or Tich, or Terenas who aren't a member of the guilds there.

Battlegrounds will probably keep even more people off Tich as well. It's a completely different type of PvP than questing on a PvP server is, but it's very likely enough PvP for those who want to get a taste of it and while it won't have the same emotional rewards as PvP on a PvP server does, it also won't have the same emotional penalties either.

Anyway, Good Luck and Good Fun to you and Neriad in your travels. It sounds like you will have both. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Bolty - 05-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by savaughn - 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Kevin - 05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Lissa - 05-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Neriad is leaving the Lurking Loungers - by Tal - 05-31-2005, 09:36 PM